When hiring a mobile app developer, it is essential to consider the implications of a mobile-first, remote-first world. With more and more companies going online and relying on mobile apps to reach their customers, it is becoming increasingly important to hire developers who are well-versed in the latest mobile technologies and best practices for remote work.
Thankfully, there are several ways to find great mobile app developers, whether you are looking to hire locally or remotely. Here are the top two things you should consider.
As a recruiter, you know that developer assessment tests can be a great way to gauge an applicant's technical expertise. But what if someone else is administering the test? Fortunately, you can do some tricks to help spot the applicant's technical expertise, even if you are not administering the test. Here are a few tips:
1. Look for a test that covers the basics. A good developer assessment test will cover the basics of the language or platform being tested. You should be able to identify critical concepts being tested, such as data types, control structures, and object-oriented programming.
2. Check the test's difficulty level. If the test is too easy, it will not indicate the applicant's technical expertise. On the other hand, if the test is easy enough for the applicant to show their actual skills.
3. Make sure the test is relevant to the position. The test should be relevant to the role the applicant is applying for. For example, if the applicant is applying for a position as a web developer, the test should focus on web development concepts.
4. Ask the applicant about their experience with the technology. After the applicant has taken the test, ask them about their experience with the technology. It will help you gauge their level of expertise and spot any areas where they may need improvement.
5. Review the test results with the applicant. Finally, review the test results with the applicant. It will allow them to explain any concepts they may have struggled with. It gives you a better understanding of their level of expertise.
Plenty of developers hold technical certifications or have attended recent workshops. But when it comes to recruiting the right developer for your project, it is necessary to go for someone with the right mix of skills and experience.
The right developer will have a deep understanding of the latest technologies and trends and be able to apply them to your project. They will also be able to communicate effectively and work well within a team.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how to find the right developer for your team. The best approach is to carefully consider your team's specific needs and then use various methods to identify and assess potential candidates. You can ensure that your development efforts are successful by taking the time to find the right fit for your team.
You can tap into Kandio's developer assessment test to find the right person for your company. With this investment, you will get top talent. So contact us now for more information!